School payrolls are currently experiencing changes in government policy. We have seen extensive changes in the Local Government Pension scheme not to mention the ever changing tax legislation across all business sectors.
CompuPaye can handle your School's payroll and
Teachers or Local Government pension
requirements. Our customer services are available to discuss your
schools payroll requirements in more detail before preparing our
proposal paying attention to your specific requirements.
We provide payrolls for most schools including nursery pre-schools or Independent schools.
Payroll Processing & Reports
We provide your Independent School with a pre-filled timesheet for
your use already populated with your staff together with a list of
their normal pay description.
When the payroll timesheet arrives from your HR department,
it goes through our
strict processing routine.
schools use automated clocking in timesheet systems. We are happy to accept data from these systems as most are capable of exporting the data in csv format.
Provided the system can export the employee ID, unit description
ID, unit rate and units worked, we can seamlessly import the data into
the payroll system.
We have several
their payslips to choose from which is personalised with
your school's logo.
Our specialist payroll service for Independent Schools is specifically
tailored for your reporting needs.
Contact us for a more information and a
the price depends on the nature of the payroll services required for your
Our comprehensive list displays some of the services offered:
or Local Government pension
- Annual Local Government Pension returns.
- Liaising with Local Government or any pension scheme provider
Pension AVCs fully catered for.
- Setting up the data for all your employees records through our web portal or direct link from your own systems
- Calculations of pay increases including backdated pay
- Keeping up to-date with tiered salary rates and spinal points
- Preparation of leaver P45s or joiners P45/P46 or student P38s forms
- P14/P60 Year End Returns and reconciliation
- Submissions of in year and annual returns direct to HMRC
- Payroll Management reports by department, cost centre, teaching or non teaching staff.
- Annual school payroll budget reports by dept or cost centre
- Mailing of monthly payslips with your school's logo direct to the school or the teachers private address.
- Option to access payroll reports through our secure web portal.
- Submission of P30BC HMRC tax bill by BACS.
- All type of deductions such as attachment of earnings, loans, charity donations, staff club, etc.
SSP and SMP/SPP administration.
- Holiday pay monitoring and administration
- Childcare vouchers administration.
- Direct access to our web support help-line and monthly eNewsletters
- Manned telephone support to a direct line.
- Handling third party queries and liaising with the Revenue
- PAYE inspection compliance reports
- 10+ year storage of your schools payroll and pension data
- Processing using accredited systems and managed by payroll trained qualified staff.
- Liaising with the HM Revenue & Customs and Local Government
Frequently Asked Questions
Our school is on a tight budget. How can I be sure we don't overspend?
We already have cumulative budget reports built into our
reporting suite for Schools. We can output the payroll
reports and payroll journals in excel for you to integrate
into your own systems.
We can also provide a budgetary "what if" report in advance of any proposed pay increases.
We have a complicated pay structure.
Can you cope with this?
We can setup several pay elements for your school. We already have a
payroll reporting infrastructure in place for many schools which can be
specifically tailored to suit your own school and we are familiar with spinal pay structures.
We can also design output files to interface with your
in-house HR applications.
How about annual retrospective pay awards.
Can you cope with these?
We can calculate these for you as we understand that
sometimes pay increases cannot be implemented straight away
due to budgeting. We can phase the increases over 2 payroll
runs to help with your budget.
Many of my teachers have student loans. Can these be paid through the payroll?.
Student loan deductions
are implemented automatically by us upon receipt of
notification from HMRC, if a new employee presents a starter
P45 with Y in the student loan box or statement D ticked on
the starter P46.
We have 2 types of pension scheme. Can we have a monthly and annual report for each?
We are already familiar with many
pension schemes including the
Teachers or Local Government pension schemes. We currently provide pension reports in the format required for your pension scheme provider with some on paper and some on Excel.
We also compile and submit the required pension annual return.
My teaching staff use a swipe card to clock in. How do I
present this information to you?
Most timesheet systems are capable of exporting the data in csv format. We also provide you with our own interface file if your school does not use a swipe card system. The information is seamlessly imported into our systems.
More on payroll data input
My school has an academic year of 40 weeks. How do I calculate the pay?
We can calculate your employees annual pay over the 39-40 week for each year then divide this by 12 months so that your staff are still paid every month.
Do you offer online access to our records?
You have your own schools
portal on our website where you can access your schools
office details, check the status of your payroll, submit new
starter or leavers, download P46,
Chancellors budgets, etc.
Do you offer an electronic payslips service?
We offer a service where the
payslips are emailed direct to your employees mailbox - password protected. Your employee
can conveniently view and archive their own wageslips.
Visit our extensive FAQ page
Schools running costs
We focus on
the particular payroll reporting needs for your Independent school.
Due to our
specialist knowledge of providing payroll services for the Education
sector, we have the
expertise to setup departments within your school so that you can see
the payroll cost for each cost sector.
As payroll forms part of your schools running costs, it is important that the reports are designed to reflect each
We can split the costs into managerial, teachers, secretarial, administration and so on.
We can also adopt your current payroll coding system. All schools have several departments, we can expand our payroll reports to include the job titles within each department.
Our clients have said...
.... "Thank you for always processing our payroll always at such short notice .....
Mr Dennis Cheung - Director
All Day Montessori Schools Ltd, London.
More customer testimonials
References are available from other private schools or companies who
staff are in the local government pension schemes